Thursday, May 8, 2008

Now you see it...

NOW YOU DONT!!!!

So for the last three weeks I have been "trying" to ween Rylie from her pacifier. FOr lack of a better word it has been a nightmare. The first few days she constantly asked for it, cried a lot, and would not stop whining at me. I was so frustrated. But, the payoff has finally come. For the last week she has not asked me for it at all during the day, knowing that she would get it at bedtime. I was so proud of her for just doing that, heck she could have that pacifier at night until she's ten for all I care, whatever gets her to sleep, take it. Tonight however, when Brad went to give it to her she said "No pacifier, I'm just going to give it to you. Can you believe it? I am so happy for her, she did it.

I have to admit, it is almost bittersweet, the pacifier was the last "baby" thing of Rylie. I love that she doesnt need it anymore, but what happened to my baby?

3 comments:

janis said...

You're so good. Irelynn was deathly sick when I was pregnant with Kalaya and couldn't keep anything down so I gave her a bottle to drink so she would get something in her well that turned into a pacifier at night and we just took it away last month. I'm such a bad parent. But it was nice because she would disappear for hours at a time to go to her bed and use the pacifier

mj said...

all grown up! yeah for rylie that is a big achievement! i have mixed feelings about rylie going to nursery now...when will i get to hang out with you?

The Elmers said...

Awwww! Good for her...and you guys!! And it's totally bittersweet! When J got off the boob...finally...I was sad and happy at the same time!!