Monday, March 17, 2008

Please tell me...

That today is not a precursor to the rest of Spring Break. Today was great except for one part...the park. We went to this amazing park off of Whitney Ranch. We hadnt been there for more than five minutes when Brinley comes running over to me holding her chin saying she's bleeding. Yup, you guessed it...Split her chin wide open. I'm not talking a little scrap, I'm talking a split, wide enough that you could see the fat tissue in her chin. Thankfully grandma was able to come and rescue me because can you imagine the mayhem that would have unfolded if I had taken all four kids to the ER and waited there for four hours? That's right...four hours. Now, if she needed blood tests and x-ray and the like I would totally understand the time frame, but we were only there to get stitches. So why the heck did it take so long? Four hours later we emerged, with five stitches and a tooth that is most likely dead. I really hope that this isnt what the rest of our break is going to turn out like...

6 comments:

mj said...

WOW. that is all there is to say. i hope the rest of the break will be quite and un eventful.

Missa Ann said...

What a crazy day! Sorry to her Brinley got banged up there. Give her kisses from her auntie.

The Elmers said...

OH my gosh! I would have passed out! (Those parks are so fun) Poor girl!

Nat~Nat said...

Oh no! Did she have to miss out on swimming? Poor Brinley, and poor mommy. I hate taking my kids to the ER. By the way, I like the new pic of your kids.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter. It's amazes me how much effort is spent making these mega play structures safe only to leave wide open 12 foot drops where ladders and other climbing equipment go up to the second tier. In the last 2 months I've personally seen (ok, I saw one and heard the "thud" on the other) 2 children fall from these openings. neither were very hurt, but it stills scares me a little when I'm watching my little girl play around up there.

Even if you're watchin 'em like a hawk, it happens so quickly . . .ahhh parenting.

The Aldridge Family said...

Sorry to hear about Brinley. I hope the rest of your vacation goes smoother.