Monday, April 7, 2008

Brinley vs. the Baby Swing


We went to the park this afternoon with our friends the Ransons. So Brinley is playing with the baby swing, standing up in it making herself swing back and forth. She then decides to sit down in the swing. I keep telling her to stop because she's going to get stuck. Who can guess what happened? You got it. Stuck. So, now I have to get her out of the swing. At this point I am having flash backs to when I was in the fourth grade and a boy in my class got stuck in the baby swing while we were on a field trip. The teachers had to call the fire department to cut him out. So, here I am trying to lift her up- you all know Brinley is solid as a rock. I can barely move her up, and her legs are wedged into this swing pretty tight. So, my friend Jen comes over and starts to help. We get Brinley part of the way out, but thats it. So we tip the swing upside down and wiggle the swing off that way. It was an awesome sight, two grown woman messing with a swing, one small child helplessly dangling upside down. Thankfully we did not have to call the fire department- we would never have lived that one down. Brinley has solemnly promised to never go into the baby swings again-

4 comments:

Missa Ann said...

LOL! Are you serious? And no one got a picture of that? LOL ... love ya!

mj said...

that girl...if its not one thing its another.

bec said...

so hilarious!

Nat~Nat said...

I love Brinley. Maybe you should start taking a can of Pam with you so you can grease her out if she gets stuck again.