Monday, June 30, 2008

Goodbye Kids, Hello San Francisco

So, this past weekend was our seventh anniversary. My wonderful, and incredibly kind, parents offered to take our kids for the weekend. Yup, one whole weekend, no children, for us. Dont get me wrong i LOVE my children, but everybody needs a break here and there. So, we dropped off the kids and headed to San Francisco. It was a wonderful weekend. We had so much fun.

First we saw this- it was so funny.

On Saturday (our actual anniversary), we slept in!!!! and barely made it to the free breakfast offered by the hotel (yup, thats how late we slept).

Then we went here-

I couldnt help but cry. I love going to the temple. I loved seeing all the new brides walking around, I loved being there with my husband and just listening- it was wonderful (and my eyes look so funny because the sun was so bright- thats right we got to see blue sky again- no smoke, wahoo!!!)

Next we went to Pier 39 and had a totally awesome dinner, over looking the water here


I would love to say that the rest of the night was a blast, but we ended up seeing this terrible play that we left early from (it was really that bad)

Then when we got to our car, we found this.


Thankfully, nothing was stolen. They did go through my temple bag though. They must have been scared away or something, because they didnt take anything, and there was definitely plenty they could have taken. Unfortunately it was my parents car that it happened too (Sorry mom and dad) thankfully they have full glass coverage and it didnt cost a thing to have it replaced- just a little hassle.

On Sunday, we slept in late again, grabbed a quick breakfast and then hurried home to our kids. We had so much fun. Thanks mom and Dad, we know you're exhausted, but we had so much fun.

10 comments:

Jayson & Megan said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had an enjoyable time in San Fran despite the car.

mj said...

that is so sad about your parents car. bet they never lend you anything again ;o) i am glad that you had a fun weekend. you totally deserve it!

Shonna said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!! Yes, this is Grandma...even though it was a lot of work...good thing Heavenly Father gives you kids when you are young...it was a lot of fun. The kids actually played out in the motor home all weekend long. They had a blast... The thing that I am ever so grateful for, is all that happened was the window got broken and no one got hurt. We have full glass coverage on all of the vehicles cause we break too many windows....Congratulations you two!!! Hope your kids survived us!!!

THE HAGES said...

Happy Anniversary! So, Bryan took a long weekend and we went to San Fran too. I kept thinking we would run into you but it is a big place. I am glad to see you guys had fun, you totally deserve it!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a great time. It's always nice to celebrate without the kids around. I always thought it helped remind you that the romance is still there. We sure miss you guys. Hopefully we can get to Roseville this summer to hang out on park day.

The Elmers said...

Hey Happy LATE anniversary!! Better late then never right?? How fun, a kid free weekend! I love San Francisco!! Bummer about the break-in though...I wish I could have been a fly on the wall while they looked in the temple bag ;).......All the crack and alcohol you stuff in there...haha!

Sarah said...

What the what?! Glad you guys are ok. I bet if they would've seen Brad first, they wouldn't have messed!

Home form OR yet?

The Lencioni's said...

Sounds like a great weekend, other than the car. Happy Late Anniversary!

Nat~Nat said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love all of the same things about the temple. Your parents are awesome!!!

I had the rear window of my little green car smashed in a couple of years ago when I went to pick my mom up from the Amtrak station in Sac. I had Taylor with me and we had been waiting several hours for a very late train from Bakersfield. Taylor needed a new diaper, so we went out to the car for a break. Nothing was stolen or even touched That was kind of creepy to me. Someone was just really angry. The worst part was that there was shattered glass all over my baby's car seat. I don't park in that parking lot anymore, I pick people up in front of Starbucks instead!