Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A camping we will go

So after we got back from San Francisco I decided to get away from the smoke, the phone and all the other stuff here, and go camping with my parents. We drove 10 1/2 hours to Sweet Home Oregon and stayed at this awesome camp ground. Seriously, it was awesome (and this is me saying this after ten hours in the car with my kids and no husband). The camp area was a park basically, no dirt, no pine needles, just grass, clean bathrooms and running water. My children were in heaven; they rode their bikes, played games, and ran around until they were completely exhausted. (Which I was so grateful for because we were sleeping in a tent and it just made things so much easier the they were wiped out by the end of the day!!). We stayed for five days and then came back, I was so hoping the smoke would be gone when we got back, but it actually got worse- Yuck!! We had lots of fun visiting with family up there and are sure to go back again one of these days.

If only they were this sweet together all the time


I love this picture, its so typical of my kids, all of them going in different directions, doing their own thing. I was seriously exhausted at the end of the week. I felt like I spent more time chasing my kids down (the boys in particular), then I got to talk to others- oh well its still fun

Luke the Puke- went from Frankenluke walking (arms straight out) to champion walker while we were there- that boy amazes me. Here he is hanging out in grandmas trailer (thanks grandma and grandpa- we had a blast!!)

1 comment:

mj said...

how fun was that?! i can't even imagine doing a 10 hour ride with C again...he screamed the whole way there and back. i love camping.