Is it okay for moms to be afraid of the dark?
So the other night I was over at my parents house feeding their dog while they were out of town. I have all the kids with me and its a little on the later side, so its pretty dark outside. As I'm going in everything is completely dark. I have no idea where the light switches are. All of my kids are hanging way back behind me, by the van that still has the lights on, just waiting for mom to turn the lights on. I am totally creeped out at this point, I just want to run to the nearest light switch that I know of and flip it on, but I know that the second I start running something is going to jump out at me...retarded huh?
My point is sometimes it stinks having to be the grown-up, I still want to huddle next to the light and wait for the all clear sign too.
2 comments:
Thanks Natalie for feeding our dog...Max appreciates it too...lol..he is the dog....Would have been awful if one of those lizards had ran across in front of you....thanks for being so brave...next time I will leave a light on for you....
Love ya
Mom
I hate how sometimes we have to put on a brave face so our kids won't see how scared we are - however my kids already know how scared I am of spiders - no brave face there - I make my boys kill them for me!
Post a Comment