Saturday, December 19, 2009

American Girl Store






So for the last year Brinley has been telling us that she wants an American Girl Doll for Christmas. She pours over the magazine every time it comes wishing for this and that ( I swear her wish list is longer than she is!) So, while we were down there at Disneyland we decided to take Brinley and Rylie to the store. Having planned this like six months ago I had this magical day envisioned. It wasnt quite as magical as I had conjured up, but the girls still had fun.

First of all let me say that store is HUGE- its TWO stories, yes thats right, TWO full stories of Dolls. When my mom and I walked in we were overwhelmed- I can only imagine how the girls felt.


We started off with the girls picking out their dolls. Brinley has been dreaming over this one for months now.


Rylie picked these two dolls which she named Rylie and Camren (oh how she misses him!).

Our next stop was a little luncheon at the American Girl Cafe. Super yummy food- the Chocolate Mouse was my favorite (and my moms too!)

The girls then got a chance to have their pictures taken with their Dolls and made into a magazine cover for themselves. They took their dolls to the Doll Hair Studio for a little "sprucing".

Four hours later we emerged from the store loaded with bags, dolls, yummy leftovers and lots of fun memories.

2 comments:

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

You are a brave girl! We took Zana to the American Girl Doll store in New York and I had an anxiety attack, how can one store be SO BIG, and with just dolls stuff. CRAZY I tell ya. Your girls are adorable. ;)

Sheree said...

I showed this post to Camren and his response was, "On Mondays I want to go to California and kiss her!" We better watch out for these two!