Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quick little update






Yes I know, its been forever since I've blogged. I highly doubt anyone reads my blog anymore, so I am more or less talking to myself (which trust me, with four kids, I feel like I do that too much anyways!)

So, here's a rundown of our lives

July
  • In one weekend, Brad graduated from the Academy, we moved two households- my mom to Oregon and us to the Bay Area.
  • We found out we are having a GIRL- the girls were obviously ecstatic, the boys have since warmed up to that idea
  • Brad had 10 glorious days off before he started working- We did absolutely nothing, and it totally rocked. It was just what this family needed after the six months of CRAZINESS we just went through
  • Andrew turned 7, Luke 3, Brad 31, and me 30 (I'm so old!)
August
  • Went on vacation with the kids (minus Brad)- started off visiting our good friends in Nevada, then drove up to OR to hang out with my mom and my sister (plus family!). It was an awesome little break. We didnt really do much there but it didnt matter, we were all having fun. All of us got the stomach flu and I drove home with Luke in the front seat with a barf bucket in his lap, good times, good times.
  • Kids started School- I think this was a happier day for me than them. Its been a really long summer, and since we just moved here we havent had a lot of friends to play with. needless to say, everyone had grown tired of playing with each other. School was a refreshing breath for all! Brinley and Andrew have adjusted just fine. Rylie on the other hand is still struggling, she's a homebody by nature.
  • Rylie turned 5
  • I ventured into the couponing world and am now utterly addicted to it!


So there you have it, not the most exciting summer (well, aside from BRAD GRADUATING- which TOTALLY ROCKED).

But we are all happy, healthy and enjoying life!

5 comments:

bec said...

I was just thinking earlier today that I hadn't seen any of your blogs show up for awhile. I hope you're feeling well! I am definitely starting to feel the belly uncomfortableness. It was fun to read what you've been up to.

mj said...

i read your blog! and i miss you! sorry we didn't get to say good bye, but maybe you did that on purpose? yay for baby #3...a girl! wahoo! and for 3 kids in school?! what do you do with your bad self? uke and rye rye look so big! so happy to hear that you are all happy and well. love, the jenne's

A Slice of Pratt Life said...

I read your blog! I may even start writing my own again. Remember, I said....may....

Sarah said...

I read it too--keep them coming! I miss you guys. Your kids look way different from the last time I saw them. How are you feeling? We need a pregnancy post :))

Kaylynn said...

I love getting caught up on blogs! Thanks for the update on your summer. I had no idea your mom moved! You guys were busy!