
So at our last swim meet the funniest thing happened. Andrew was in a relay race (for those that dont know what that is, there are four boys, one swims to one side of the pool, and another swims back to the other side, back and forth.) So Andrew was in the second leg of the race. All of us are standing on the side, waiting for him to go. Trying to be a good mom, I'm giving him words of encouragement as we wait for the other swimmer to get to him. Ooopps...bad idea, in the midst of my encouragment, I said "Good Job buddy, Go, Go, Go." Yeah totally not the right words to say. You see, he got a bit confused, and jumped in. Thankfully, the team parent, grabbed him mid air, and only his feet touched the water. So, he pulls him out and then Andrew goes as soon as the other boy gets there. So, Andrew finishes his lap and the next boy jumps in. Everyone on the sides is cheering on this other little boy, telling him to go, go, go. Andrew, being the smart kid he is, figures they are talking to him and starts to go. Thankfully, we were able to get him to stop. Unfortunately his team was disqualified. I say blah to the judges a- he's four years old, b- this is his first relay race, c- he didnt mess up the other swimmers, d- the other swimmer was his really good friend and they love to race, of course he's going to go. Give the kid a break. I must say though, he swam like a champ, his times have improved so much, he really is an awesome swimmer- Great Job Andrew!!!!
3 comments:
I say those judges are way too strict for a four years old race. I'm so sorry to hear that they were disqualified but I bet Andrew had a great time and swam like a real champ. He does look like a very handsome boy in the pool.
Hey Natalie! Change in plans for Saturday night. The gift cards have not come in yet so we were thinking FATS. How do you guys feel about that? We could do Carvers. Let me know. Heidi
What a funny story. I can't believe Andrew can swim so well for a 4-year-old. My kids aren't that coordinated so far. I'll stay tuned for more laughs.
Post a Comment