Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Note to self- Open envelope next time

So yesterday I was driving home from my parents house. I was on the freeway, middle lane, going about 67mph. Yes, slightly over the speed limit but come on. I look up and yep, I'm being pulled over. Arrgh. I'll I'm thinking at this point is "you're really going to pull me over for going 2 little measely miles over the spped limit, big fat jerk?" So the officer comes to the window, ask for my license and then proceeds to ask if I have current vehicle registration. I quickly jump to the defense and say of course we do!!! The officer proceeds to tell me that my tags are expired and would like to see my vehicle registration. At this point both Brad and I are quickly sifting through the mass of papers in the glove box. I find the registration and realize at that exact second, that yep I forgot to open it and put the new sticker on, I just shoved it in the glove box the second it came in the mail. Umm I felt like the biggest idiot. The officer, seeing me open the registration envelope right there, proceeds to tell me that I should probably open those in the future and to have a nice day. Got it- thankfully no ticket!! WAHOOOOOOO

3 comments:

Shonna said...

Cute....Real Cute!!!

Jayson & Megan said...

Definitely cute. But at least you had it!

bec said...

Being pulled over with Natalie ... brings back some fun memories :)